Forward-thinking resources and focus on health and wellness helps companies come back to the office with confidence
Chicago, Ill. (July 22, 2021) — Irvine Company announced today several new and expanded leases totaling nearly 120,000 square feet at the company’s iconic downtown workplace communities, One North Wacker, 71 South Wacker, and 300 North LaSalle. Irvine Company’s Chicago portfolio is 92% leased, outpacing the market average at 82%.
“We are honored that these innovative and highly respected companies have chosen to partner with us to establish or expand their growing businesses,” said Greg Tait, senior leasing director for Irvine Company’s Chicago portfolio. “We are honored to offer the flexibility they desire and look forward to welcoming them back to their offices with confidence so they can continue to flourish, serve their customers and offer their employees an experience that inspires connection and community.”
Some of the leases include:
- TradeLink, a proprietary trading and investment advisory firm that renewed 31,719 square feet at 71 South Wacker
- Kodai Capital Management, a fundamental equity investment firm that signed a new lease at 71 South Wacker
- Headlands Tech Global Markets, LLC, a quantitative trading firm, a new customer at 71 South Wacker taking 3,400 square feet.
- Stifel, a full service brokerage and investment banking firm, that renewed and expanded at One North Wacker to 29,477 square feet
- The Alexander Group, the world’s leading revenue growth management consultant company that is expanding at One North Wacker to 19,320 square feet
- Magnolia Capital, a real estate investment firm that is expanding at One North Wacker to 10,213 square feet
- Boyd Watterson Asset Management, LLC., an independent investment advisor, that is expanding at One North Wacker to 8,523 square feet
“We’ve been impressed with our headquarters office at One North Wacker, and we’re fortunate to experience continued and rapid growth,” said Eric Maurer, Vice President, The Alexander Group. “ With this growth came the need for more space for employees and a partner that offered the flexibility we desired to accommodate us. Irvine Company delivers a safe work environment that helps us to attract top-tier talent with unique amenities and a highly sought-after location – and they also have the scale and agility to accommodate our needs as our business changes.”
One North Wacker is situated in the heart of the Loop and is widely considered one of the most inspiring places in America to work. The architecture and modern stainless steel and glass design coupled with the unique and energizing on-site and nearby amenities create a special sense of place and energy, fostering creativity, innovation and collaboration.
To help customers return to the workplace with confidence, Irvine Company has implemented comprehensive safety policies and protocols by leveraging the unique depth of its subject matter experts and through relationships with national partners including UCI Health and UL, a global safety science leader recognized for their Indoor Environmental Quality services.
The company’s coronavirus-related health and safety plans and protocols include:
- Enhanced ventilation and air filtration systems
- Touch-free enhancements
- The placement and number of hand sanitizing stations
- Disinfection protocols that exceed CDC guidelines
- A robust education communication program on topics such as physical distancing and the importance of face coverings
- Enhanced safety protocols for elevator use, along paths of travel and in shared common areas such as restrooms and outdoor workspaces
- Ongoing research into emerging technology surrounding virus mitigation technology
Irvine Company has also launched its Return to the Workplace Toolkit, a comprehensive resource to streamline planning with a decision-making framework and step-by-step guide to prepare companies for bringing their employees back to the office.
As a forever owner that is committed to retaining and continually reinvesting in its properties, Irvine Company is able to accommodate evolving business needs and provide unmatched lease flexibility.
Irvine Company entered the Chicago market in 2010 when it acquired the 48-story, 1.5-million square foot 71 South Wacker. The tower’s elegant elliptical design offers expansive views and houses prestigious customers in hospitality, legal, financial services, and technology, including IBM and the law firm Mayer Brown LLP.
In 2014, Irvine Company acquired the 60-story 300 North LaSalle. From its commanding location overlooking the Chicago River, the property’s setting provides access to the River North neighborhood, including the area’s finest restaurants, shops and entertainment. The property’s customers include Kirkland & Ellis, Chicago’s biggest law firm, and management consulting firm Boston Consulting Group.
All three Chicago workplace communities are also Wired Certified Platinum, verified and recognized for their best-in-class telecom infrastructure and superior internet connectivity.
Irvine Company’s Chicago portfolio comprises 4.2 million square feet in three Class A+ office high-rise properties that feature the company’s signature amenities, The Commons and KINETIC. The Commons provides comfortable, WiFi-enabled spaces for employees to work, meet, innovate or simply take a break, while KINETIC is a fitness and wellness movement offering a state-of-the-art fitness center and workplace wellness programming.
About Irvine Company Office
As a long-term owner who continuously reinvests in its properties and services, Irvine Company has evolved the traditional office to something much more: vibrant workplace communities. A place where collaboration is encouraged and creativity is enabled to elevate business success. The company serves more than 3,000 customers in 50 million square feet of premier workplace communities in Orange County, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, and San Diego, as well as iconic trophy towers in Chicago and New York. Timeless design and quality craftsmanship are paired with Irvine Company’s permanent time horizon, customer-centric brand, and pride of ownership.