- Corning Optical Communications will occupy a full building totaling nearly 63,000 square feet
- Other customers include Rohde & Schwarz USA and cPacket Networks
Milpitas, CA — Irvine Company announced today that demand for office space at its premium, experiential workplace communities remains strong, with three new customers leasing 99,477 square feet at McCarthy Center, the 68-acre campus-style workplace community in Milpitas, CA.
“We’re thrilled to have leading technology companies like Corning Optical Communications, Rohde & Schwarz USA, and cPacket Networks join our growing list of customers at McCarthy Center,” said Todd Hedrick, regional vice president, Irvine Company Office. “McCarthy Center is a vibrant workplace community that helps innovative companies create a winning culture and contributes significantly to growth, success, and employee satisfaction. It also provides an exceptionally healthy work environment and features unique workspace, amenities, and experiences to help teams foster collaboration, which is of the utmost importance for companies returning to the office.”
The new leases include:
- Corning Optical Communications, a segment of Corning Incorporated and the world leader in passive optical components, which has leased a full building totaling 62,874 square feet
- cPacket Networks, a leading provider of intelligent observability solutions for hybrid-cloud and multi-cloud networks, which has leased a full floor totaling 23,703 square feet
- Rohde & Schwarz USA, a leading technology group that develops, produces, and sells a wide range of electronic capital goods for industry and government customers with a focus on solutions that contribute to a safer and connected world, which has leased 12,900 square feet
The space at 840 N. McCarthy will serve as the hub for Corning’s Optical Communications operations in Silicon Valley. It will feature an optical network that will showcase Corning’s world-leading optical fiber and wireless technologies.
“The engaging, collaborative space at McCarthy Center will support the culture of innovation that defines who we are at Corning,” said Kevin Parker, senior vice president, and general manager, Corning Optical Connectivity Solutions. “With its array of amenities, together with the high-performance network that uses our own technology, our new home at McCarthy Center will help us continue to attract and retain the region’s top talent.”
“cPacket is growing and expanding. To align with our growth, we need a place and ambiance where creativity and innovation can thrive. We are excited that McCarthy Center provides us with the right environment and a convenient location to focus on innovation for our customers,” said Brendan O’Flaherty, chief executive officer, cPacket Networks.
To help customers return to the workplace with confidence, Irvine Company has implemented comprehensive safety policies and protocols by leveraging the unique depth of its subject matter experts and through relationships with national partners including UCI Health and UL, a global safety science leader recognized for their Indoor Environmental Quality services.
The company’s coronavirus-related health and safety plans and protocols include:
- High-efficiency Merv 13 air filtration system
- Touch-free enhancements
- The placement and number of hand sanitizing stations
- Disinfection protocols that exceed CDC guidelines
- A robust education communication program on topics such as physical distancing and the importance of face coverings
- Enhanced safety protocols for elevator use, along paths of travel and in shared common areas such as restrooms and outdoor workspaces
- Ongoing research into emerging technology surrounding virus mitigation technology
Irvine Company has also launched its Return to the Workplace Toolkit, a comprehensive resource to streamline planning with a decision-making framework and step-by-step guide to prepare companies for bringing their employees back to the office.
McCarthy Center features 1.1 million square feet of efficient, productive workspace with progressive interior environments and daylighting to engage and inspire team members. Employees can connect and collaborate with colleagues at The Commons, an open-air gathering area with everything needed to work, meet, dine, connect, and relax.
KINETIC®, a private resort-style fitness center, brings a unique, integrated approach to workplace wellness with state-of-the-art equipment. Additionally, the park-like setting of McCarthy Center provides ample opportunities for walking.
Abundant conveniences include onsite auto detailing, EV charging stations, and outdoor seating. The workplace community is steps to McCarthy Ranch retail center with a variety of dining, retail, and entertainment offerings, and conveniently located close to Highway 237 and Interstate 880.